Sunday, November 14, 2010

November 14 - Social Deviant

Welcome back.

Comfortable? Excellent!

I had a person comment on my last blog where i intentionally miss spelled appreciate in a part of the blog where i sarcastically thanked all those who email me to tell me about my spelling flaws. I unfortunately cant tell if they are making a joke by bringing it up, or if they didn't get it. If you didn't get it... well I don't know how to fix that for you. But if you did... thanks for emailing me? I don't know.

Anyways! Thanks for letting me talk about that. My first reaction was ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? DID YOU SERIOUSLY NOT GET THAT JOKE? And then I thought... maybe they did! Don't send a rude message back and be a douche Mike! So unknown reader... Thank you for messaging!

Last night after writing yesterdays blog I went for a walk downtown and got my self a calorie/sodium/fat free beverage. MMM Water! (SIDE NOTE: Dasani water actually contains sodium... but I didn't drink Dasani. Just sharing info) as I was walking down the street I encountered a man who was very very drunk but smelled so fresh and clean, which is rare. After further watching him wander into traffic and then yell at the cars who honked I saw that the mickey in his hand was not a mickey but actually a small bottle of Listerine!

I was walking by the same spot today and there was a woman sitting there and she asked for change and I told her I didn't have any (does anybody carry actual money thats not plastic anymore? I never have cash) As I walked away this woman began to scream at me at the top of her lungs. Screaming that I was a social deviant and I had no idea what civic duty was! And that i was what was wrong in this world. It was alot to take from a drunk homeless woman. When I came back from getting a coffee, I had to pass her again, and what does she say to me? Spare any change!?! I was glad that my social deviancy was so quickly forgotten and we were friends again.

Tonight I am going to see a show which has been promised is one of the best shows in town. Something that shocks me is the ticket prices in town. If you wanna see a comedy show, or sketch the most you will pay is $12. and that's ALOT in this town. And then there is nothing. then it jumps to the $40 and up. Its insane. How do these people make a living? I have proudly performed for years with the wonderful folks of Atomic Vaudeville and if they charged $8 they wouldnt even make a dime! So strange. Oh well. I suppose I will soon find out!

The show is at a club that i have been trying to get into. A company produces 2 shows a week at this club and they manage some of the best people in town and I would love to have them represent me, so I am trying to get in with them. We shall see! I suppose I will let you know what happens tomorrow!

Thanks for reading! Tell your friends!


Love always

Mike Delamont!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for mentioning me in your blog Mike.
    I really apresiate it.

    ReplyDelete