Wednesday, December 29, 2010

December 28 - Cheers Chocolate!

Today I was reading a box of Pizza Pops. On the back of the box it has directions for microwave and oven cooking times. Can I just ask a question here? Has anybody in the history of this product ever baked their pizza pop? This is not a poor mans Calzone, its a dough pocket stuffed with meat and cheese. If you have the time (17 minutes) to bake your Pizza Pocket it means either you are unemployed and have all the time in the world which likely means you cant afford Pizza Pops, or... I dont know... you are just crazy? I dont even know why its an option! When you purchase a new stove you will notice on the door when you open it that there is a picture and description warning you not to lean on the door when its open or to set a child down on it. If you are the type of person who would set a child down on an oven door... I gotta be honest and say I dont think a sign is going to help. Just a hunch. Also... if that child makes it to five I will be surprised.

I think its silly when products pretend they arent geared for the poor. Being poor is okay! I'm poor! I have always enjoyed the back of a box of mac and cheese in that it has the pre and post cooking calorie chart. This of course implies that you are adding butter and milk. I hate to inform the wonderful people at Kraft this, but I think a majority of their customers... most of whom eat two boxes at a time out of the pot its cooked in... are unlikely to add more than water and cheese powder. While we are happy you and our mutual friend, one Mr R. Noodles, kept us alive during high school, I want you to know... being the champion of the poor is okay! Its nothing to be ashamed of! Scream it from the mountain tops! BE OUR ROBIN HOOD!

As my more frequent readers know, I am an avid fan of product placement. Maybe one day these people will pay me. For the time being I will have to take my payment in the form of spreading the word on things I like. Today I discovered that a local bar (one that I dont care for at all so NO NAMES FOR THEM) has made a drink combining my two favorite types of alcohol! Its a lovely invention and I would like to dish to you now about it. Phillips Longboat Chocolate Porter has long been my beer of choice. Made by the wonderful Matt Phillips and his hard working crew at Phillips Brewery, this beer is one to hold near and dear to your heart. A nice mellow chocolate flavor and a slightly malty after taste make it a nice beer to have on its own or with a meal. Some find it to sweet, I think its just right. Now if you arent near Victoria BC Canada, you sadly wont be able to try this until they get a bit bigger, in the mean time fill the void with a generic Chocolate Stout which you can find at several breweries. I have always, and will always support Phillips Brewery as they have always supported me and live arts and that in itself is worth the price of a beer. ENOUGH SAID. Second favorite drink is Van Gogh's Espresso Vodka. A shot of this drink on ice is the perfect way to end a stressful day. Its like sipping ice cold coffee but with a bit of a kick. Now, this bar that I don't care for had made their own drink. A pint of Chocolate porter with a 1oz shot of Van Gogh Espresso Vodka. When I found out about this today folks... I'll be honest... I wept

So I am back in my hometown, and for the last 6 years I have been a part of a show called Atomic Vaudeville. This show is a very popular bi-monthly cabaret. Sketch comedy with a theme is the basic description, but a lot of talented and award winning people work on the show to make it the cult success that it is. This month I get to sit back and be a spectator for this event. I have seen this show before if I have been to busy doing another show, but i am still not use to it. I dont like not knowing what is going to come on stage next, but many of the fans feel thats the best part, so I suppose we shall see. I do really miss performing with those guys and I do hope that they will one day make it over to Toronto. I suppose time will tell!

I dont tend to talk much about my relationship and Im not sure why. I am dating a lovely girl. She and I have been together for a little while now and things are going quite well. She is a kind, smart, funny, talented, and pretty girl. Something that is new to me is the fact that we have honesty in our relationship, and I mean total honesty. I know everything about her and she knows everything about me. There is not a part of me that she doesn't know about and that is a freeing and terrifying thought at the same time. At the end of the day though... I think I like it. I like that we tell each other everything that goes on in our lives, and sometimes its not stuff we want to tell each other, but then we do. Its a new thing, but I think a good thing. She will move to Toronto with me in January. She has never been to Toronto and never lived off Vancouver Island, so it will be a bit of a change for her and I am very happy that she is making the change to be with me. Do I think I'm worth the trouble and the change? No... not really. But she does... and thats alright by me.


Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment