Sunday, December 5, 2010

December 5 - Star Wars Hobo

We live in a world torn apart by governments and beliefs. There are people who hate other people because thay have just always hated each other. Sometimes its over a patch of land. Sometimes a god. Sometimes its politics. Sometimes its the belief that Han Solo shot second. But I think that if we start small we can mend theses fences. If we share small beliefs with our enemies who knows how much more we can have in common, and maybe someday it will all be over. I would like to start the ball rolling. I have a belief that I would like to share with you. Something that I think we can call agree on. And that is that no matter what the bottle says it smells like. Whether it be Rain, linens, or even summer flowers. Febreeze always just smells like Febreeze. Agreed? AGREED! Let the healing and world peace begin!

Saw the new Woody Allan movie tonight. A man sat behind me and ate so loud that I wanted to turn around and watch how he was eating that he could make such a noise. And tonight it wasnt my own neurotic tendencies that pushed me to the edge. Most people were bothered by it. See, he snuck in potato chips. so not only did we get the sound of the bag, but also the sound of the man eating... though admittedly from the sound he might just have had a rottweiler with him trying to get in the bag. Thats the only explanation for the sloppy crunchy sound.

The movie tonight was okay. Certainly not my favorite film of his. But I have no right to complain. Even the worst Woody Allen film is better than the ZERO pictures I have been a part of.

Watched a video tonight of people being trampled at the black Thursday shopping event down in the united states. Apparently that sort of thing happens in Toronto as well sometimes. I just have to say, there is nothing that I want so bad that i would line up the DAY BEFORE to get to. Nothing! Unless its the apocalypse and its food or medicine or something. So until the world ends there is nothing I would show up the day prior to line up for. In my life the biggest movie release that I have been old enough to attend and or appreciate has been Star Wars Episode One. People lined up for DAYS! They camped! They camped on the street! If you tent on the streets your no longer an avid fan you're a hobo! Friends of mine got paid to play Jedi knights at the theatres. I saw a kid buying water, mr noodles and a light saber at the London drugs beside the theatre. That kid will not survive the real end of the world is thats his idea of survival camping needs. I saw Star Wars on its opening night. 12:01. How long did I wait in line? 20 minutes. How many people in the theatre? 10! thank god for small theatres JUST outside of town. how much did I pay at the non chain theatre? $6 my friends. God bless the independent theatres in the middle of nowhere.

I grew up in a small down and for most of my time there we had a 1 screen theatre, in the last few years it was upgraded to a 2 screen. 2 screens is nice but it still means that when you saw an ad on TV saying COMING SOON TO A THEATRE NEAR YOU... you knew it wasnt. To their credit they tried to show contrasting films! At one point I remember the Armand Theatre had both the Beavis and Butthead Movie AND The Piano playing.

SIDE NOTE: Mike Judge who created Beavis and Butthead also created the show King of the Hill. I think King of the Hill is fantastic. I like cartoons that have a social and economic structure. Characters dont live beyond their means. They have regular jobs. I enjoy it a lot. I dont know why I felt the need to share that.

BACK! The first movie I ever saw in a multiplex is still one of my favorite movies. The movie is My Blue Heaven which stars Steve Martin and Rick Moranis. Its about an FBI agent and a criminal in the witness protection program. If you havent seen it you should. Last movie I saw on a drive in was The Rocketeer. Though there was a full moon out and it cast a heavy glare on the screen. Oh well. Still worth it.

Tomorrow morning I go and view an apartment that is right downtown, the right size, close to my work, and a good price. I would like it VERY much. I have only 26 days now to find a place and to say that Im nervous would be an understatement of epic proportions.

Thanks for reading!

Mike

1 comment:

  1. Best of best of luck Mike on your apartment - I will be thinking POSITIVE thoughts for you!

    ReplyDelete