Friday, December 3, 2010

December 3 - A Swarovski Christmas!

I walked through the cold wind of downtown toronto today and found myself making my way through the crowds towards the shopping mall. Just outside the door sat a man whom I have seen many times. He sits outside the door with a small Tim Hortons coffee cup partially filled with spare change. He doesnt ask for money he just simply wishes you a nice day as you walk by. In from the cold I passed into the heated mall to see before my eyes the focal point of the christmas season. In the centre of the mall stands a tree well over 20 feet in height, painted white, lit from every angle and shimmering from base to tree top will Swarovski crystals. Its interesting that within a matter of 15 feet you can pass such extremes of warmth and cold, and poverty and riches. Seems like christmas is one of the only times people think about it.

Tonight I had free tickets to see Andre Phillipe Gagnon, and decided not to go. I really had zero interest in watching him live. I have seen him on Just For Laughs many times, and Im sure hes wonderful, but I just dont care! Same with Rich Little. At least the nice think about Gagnon is he stays current with most his impressions where as Rich Little will give you the best of the 50's. Though the last time I saw Gagnon he did a Jean Chretien impression! This is 2010! If you are still doing impressions of politicians from the 90s you need to up your game, or just stick to music.

Tonight i opened a new bank account which I am excited by. When I left the bank i went to the ATM to take out $20. The machine ripped the bill! It tore it in 3! The stupid thing that you can take your money from closed as soon as it opened. I put it in an envelope and deposited the ripped 20 back into my account with a nasty letter written on the back of the envelope. Good times. Good times.

I happened to catch a bit of CNN today as one of the stories came up about a marathon runner who, apparently injured and exhausted, actually crawled to the finish line. The feed on the bottom had dubbed her a hero for her courage to finish in the face of such adversity. LETS DISCUS. I think its wonderful that she had the determination to get across the finish line, but a hero does not that make. If I ran a marathon the only way I would be able to finish is if I also dragged my injured, exhausted, and flailing body across the finish line. Would the call me a hero? No, I dont think so. Would they call me a fat lazy piece of shit? Im thinkin so!

Still have yet to find an apartment. Its so damn frustrating. What I am asking for is a 1 bedroom within 30 minutes of work! THATS ALL! It seems to slip through my fingers every time i think im close. Perhaps I should stop trying to live in sand castles!

Thanks for reading!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment