Monday, January 3, 2011

January 3 - A Little Bit of House and Home

So here we are. Day 3 of the new year and I dont know what the hell to write about. I know I probably shouldn't say that and should just let it flow like gold off the lips of the comedy gods, but as we know... thats not likely to happen.

I am looking forward to getting home to Toronto. I miss that stupid city. Why? I dont know! Its cold, the people are rude and the transit is expensive! But... i find myself missing the hustle and bustle and the daily routine of my new home. Being around the treats and the people who want to feed me ALL THE TIME has not been good for my body. I have put on about half the pounds i worked so hard to take off and I am none to happy about it. I have also spent an ungodly amount of time arguing with people about my health. I want to loose weight for 2 reasons. 1 is to be healthy. 2 is to be able to buy clothes. Right now I am one shirt size and one pant size to large to be able to shop at any store. I have to shop at specific stores that cater to the "working man". I have no want for abs, or pecs, or a "beach body". I just dont want to die young! I want to die coked out in the arms of a stripper just like those who have come before me.

The argument about my weight is that my body type is described as Morbidly Obese by the lovely folks at the Body Mass Index. My mother argues that this is not the case. I am happy to agree, as I have said before, that I am obese but that the term Morbid should just be assumed. You dont see a lot of healthy obese folks. At my weight loss goal I will still be "technically" 40lbs over weight, and I am okay with that. It will suit my body type to be that weight. It is tough when the people who care about you the most dont really support what you are trying to do. Everybody says OH YOU LOOK GREAT and I say thanks, I dont eat like a pig anymore and I walk a lot. Then when they find out what I eat they try to fill me with food. I dont need it! I eat okay! Have I let myself go since being home? yea! Should I have? No? Will I get back to the better lifestyle once I get home? I will and I couldnt be happier.

I realized today that if I could go back in time and only talk to myself I would love to tell myself DONT eat that, DONT wear that much hair gel, DONT sleep with that girl and DO invest in Apple and Starbucks. Oh well. Time to start now I suppose.

I went for coffee today at my favorite coffee shop and gosh it was wonderful. You forget the simple comforts sometimes. Good service, nice location and great coffee. You forget that Starbucks has shitty coffee until you taste beans that arent over roasted to the point of being burned. funny that isnt it?

It has been odd to be back in town. Odd to be recognized on the street and to have conversations with strangers. Interesting to have a stranger ask for your autograph on one side of the country and then nobody give you a second glance on the other side. The eventual goal is to try and get it on both sides, but its nice to have the divide right now. I currently have no plans to return to Victoria after this thursday, so unless I am coming to perform it seems unlikely that I will be back any time soon. Will I miss it? Not right now, but im sure I will. If by some miracle I get my show into the fringe I will happily throw my ass on a westward plane.

Well I think thats it for me tonight. The plan tonight is to throw on a little old school hugh laurie and relax. And when I say old school i mean... back when he was british. Damn you american television. Though... im sure his bank account is much happier now than it ever has been... Oh well... Im still all for pre-House Laurie.

No comments:

Post a Comment