Sunday, January 9, 2011

January 9 - Banana God

There are days when I cant wait to sit down and blog and then there are days when I cant wait to dump out whatever crap is floating around in my head. I rarely plan what I am going to write. I was actually going to say I rarely pre plan... but pre plan seems incorrect... planning is already "pre"... other wise it would be unplanned. hmm. Shit that floats in my brain.

So what should we talk about today? I dont know. in all seriousness I was hoping that by the time I finished writing that question I would be filled with ideas. Turns out, when Mike Delamont is pushed to choose fight or flight he chooses nap.

My last name, as I have said in previous blogs, means "of the mountain". Its a fairly easy name. Its not common, but its not difficult. Its spelled like it sounds, and it sounds like its spelled. You would be surprised how many people miss spell my name. Delmont, Delamonte, and the most common Del Monte. I am not a banana! For a while I thought about changing my name to suit the world of acting. I also threw around the idea of making it more french. de Lamont. My family is not french, but I thought it would be nice to have it spelled right. As you can tell I have chosen to keep my own name. I figured is Schwarzenegger can keep his, so can I. And PS... that is the correct spelling! I have been able to spell his name since age 10? Something to brag about? no not really.

I have started to put together my god show. Its tough to make the full show come together. Its mostly finished but will go through many many re writes. Plus, the chances that my current political and hollywood references will be out of date is fairly good. So it will always change.

I was having a conversation about the character of GOD. I have always been very quick with responses to things like hecklers. Its a skill I have, but wish I didnt need to use. Because of how often people like to chat with me while Im on stage I often tend to leave at least 20% totally unplanned to accommodate that. I like it. Most of the time it goes extremely well... sometimes it doesnt. Most people want to be a part of the show, some of them are just ass holes. Its rough when they are the second and just want to interrupt. You turn down the fun and turn up the mean... which I will admit... sometimes is fun.

It is time to say good night! MTV cribs is on... I have no plans to watch it... I just thought I would mention it. When I watch the show, I get angry because its full of rich nobodies! Who are these people!?!?! Its terrible. ALSO, with how many people are wanting to be famous, it drives me crazy that for a star to get their picture in a gossip magazine is to simply just not wear make up. I DONT WEAR MAKE UP EVERY DAY! What the hell! I would like my photo in a magazine! Oh well. Maybe one day.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment