Sunday, January 9, 2011

January 8 - Beige Explosion!

Today met me with a snow fall of 6 inches and a temperature of -10c. Good first full day back home.

As some of you may know, I am a husky gentleman. Amongst the wonderful world of breaking a sweat when I tie my shoes, wanting to die when I climb stairs, and wearing a T-shirt when I swim up until the age of 17, I also happen to stay fairly warm when the weather is chilly. At -10c even I get a little chilly. Being a saturday night, there are tons of women out in the smallest, skimpiest skirts I have ever seen. How do they survive? I saw one run across the street tonight and all i could think was "Gosh this wind is cold... lets run so it hits us harder and faster!" I dont want to try and put somebody in a box, but no smart women are dressing like barbie in freezing weather! It just doesnt happen. They have more sense! Oh well.

Today I watched a wonderful car commercial. It goes on to say that of all the cars tested that honda, can get from over 100-mph to 0-mph the fastest and in a much shorter distance. It has 4 different cars and then transforms to a mom with a child in the back stopping behind a mini van. The commercial says It stops faster and earlier and thats important to me, and then the mom who stops behind the mini van says... and its important to me. Really? This is what that commercial says to me, MOTHERS WHO DRIVE AT MORE THAN 100-mph SHOULD NOT HAVE CHILDREN IN THE CAR!!!

I emailed my landlord to ask what his feeling were of a "feature wall" being painted in the apartment. He said that he would be fine with it and even offered to pay for the cost of paints, rollers etc etc etc. He then added that all of this was providing it was a neutral and warm color. What the hell? Who does that? Who paints a feature wall a calm color? The whole apartment is beige! Tan floor and Beige walls? Wow! how original and special. I think he was less thrilled when I planned to paint it Ox Blood Red. Am I still gonna do it? Oh you bet your ass I am!

A friend of mine who moved to toronto from victoria bc has now started his own blog. Well sir... now we must fight to the death.

Tonight I went to the movies and before it started I went to the washroom. Once I was done I was standing at the sink washing my hands. Out of the stall came a young woman. Once she saw me she said kindly "Sweetie, I think you are in the wrong washroom". I replied "I just peed in a urinal... I think you are in the wrong washroom"... she simply said "Oh well! Cant go back in time!"... I enjoyed it very much

Thats about it for me! thanks for reading and please tell your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment