Friday, January 7, 2011

January 6 - West Jet East

Welcome to my blog.

To bring you up to speed, I am currently sitting in the Calgary Airport waiting to connect to my flight home to Toronto. I am currently writing this blog in my word processor as the wonderful people at this airport wont allow me to log on to my blog. Just facebook. OR I can get a full 15 minutes of internet browser. Its like a congical visit.

This airport had 2 large towers with planes on top that spin. It seems an odd choice. Though I come from a city that thinks large fiber glass whales are a good choice for city art. To each his own I suppose.

I would like to take the time to thank all of those folks who wished me well in my trip back east. And by wished me well I mean that they told me not to hurt Amy and that if I did they would be hurt, or find me or insert whatever you think appropriate. The first time it happened it was cute and I joked that it had taken so long, the last half dozen? yea... I get it! Thanks so much. Thanks for the concern. Thanks for feeling the need to say it! and thank god you did! If you hadn't... I was going to beat her. I will gladly accommodate her safety and I appreciate the concern

I feel grumpy about it and that was the nicest way to express myself. The amount of times that it happened seemed to be a little bit to much. Shakes a guys confidence a little.

Can we talk a little bit about Airplanes? Listen... I love the free television and the Pay Per View Movies... but is the TV screen on the back of the seat in front the best choice? Do we need to take in all that color and action as close as we would hold a book? I was all fine and dandy until the man in front of me chose to recline his seat pushing the screen from mild discomfort to 100% "OH COME ON!" I will say that even at this close, the films I watched were mediocre.

At this exact second there is a young child running around the terminal. little children are fast! We should race them! Fuck the Kenyans! Who cares that they win every race (thats an Olympic track reference... not an obama one) I would pay good money to watch half a dozen kids book it in a full on race. These kids are amazing? When did kids get this fast? I am told that as a child I strongly felt that when I got new shoes I was much faster than when I was in the old ones. I dont know if I was fast, but I was certainly quick enough to get away from my parents and plunge myself new-shoe-first into any puddle I could find.

It is now almost 24 hours later. I am in toronto. Day 1 of being back. My cable and internet is now installed. Blog number 2 on its way shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment