Thursday, January 6, 2011

January 5 - You Got a Friend In Me

So, tonight, Amy and I bid farewell to our friends in Victoria BC. And when I say that what i mean is her friends and "our friends" came out to say goodbye to Amy. When I left Victoria to move out east I simply slipped out the door and disappeared. No big goodbyes, no sad farewells. Amy is not that type, and I can respect that.

Through my life I have never had many friends. I have always had a few good friends here and there, but nobody particularly close. I have always been more of a boyfriend kind of guy in that I find my best friend is often the person I am dating at the time.

I dont know why i dont cultivate friends, I suppose i just never saw the need or had a want. I like being by myself, and I have a hard time trusting people enough to let them in. There are a few gents who I respect and share the stage with who I would call close friends... and they are it. From the way-back days I have a friend named Matt. He and I met in high school when I was in the 8th Grade and he was in the 11th. I was best man at his wedding and I was at the hospital not long after his little girl was born. Because of work, family, and life in general, Matt and I see each other very rarely, but I would still consider him one of my oldest and best friends. I would happily do anything for him... other than move... that card has already been played.

Tonight at the going away shindig, one of my friends told me he thought I would do really well in Las Vegas as a performer. He was quick to say that he didnt mean that as an insult, but that he thought i would do quite well in that town. i adore Las Vegas and would happily do a show there anytime. It has been a dream of mine to work for Cirque du Soleil for quite some time, so who knows! Maybe fortune will smile upon me!

Tonight I began a hand shake agreement with a man who is going to help in producing my new one man show. There is a wonderful video of Kevin Costner going off on his anger of investors who want so badly to put their name next to a star's but rarely seem to back it up with the cash. He gets nice and angry, its wonderful. Tonight though, a man I know and care about offered to help in the financial side of my show and I couldnt be happier! Its so good to have somebody say HEY! I think you are worth it! Here ya go! Means a lot when somebody makes that gestures.

At this exact moment I find myself drifting off to sleep which would explain the running together of words

2 comments:

  1. Your quote: "There is a wonderful video of Kevin Costner going off on his anger of investors who want so badly to put their name next to a star's but rarely seem to back it up with the cash. He gets nice and angry, its wonderful."

    Where's this video? Or are you saying you have video of you being an angry Costner in your one man show?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know if I can respond on here. I hope so. The video is a part of the Special Features in Open Range. He had a few people drop out after committing funds. The featurettes on that film are great.

    ReplyDelete